Friday, October 10, 2008

Early Fall at Everwilde Farms

Seed cleaning and harvesting is at it's peak right now. The piles are a 
combination of seeds in their pods waiting to be cleaned, and heaps of chaff. 

Instead of new plants, the greenhouse is now full of seed head drying 
down and waiting to be threshed. 

'Pearly Everlasting' after it's first threshing through the blower and fan. 

Sifting 'Obedient Plant' seeds from it's chaff. 

Caption anybody?? :-)

A field worker's survival! :-)

My little comic relief.

Like father, like son. I am always blessed by how my employer 
involves his little, almost three-year-old boy in every farm task possible. 

1 comment:

Noelle Otto said...

Great pictures, Annie! I can't think of a caption for the coat picture, but they all look wonderful. I love the fall season -- can't wait for the snow to hit. :)